Last post wins.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't you make any good stuff recently?

I am making carne asada tacos right now. Drinking a margarita.

My wife brought me a caramel, white chocolate, cappuccino earlier. Whew, like drinking sugar.

She is telling you that you need to be sweeter.

I think he's a spammer, or just coming here and stealing things......

Sorry for the long time away. Ive been dealing with alot lately. After being down for the last 3 months of 2015 with a leg bone infection I was offered a job as Lead Carpenter with Bassett construction services I am still doing some of my own clients jobs but with my situation it couldnt turn down Bassetts offer. Then on Mrch 19th my Dad passed away so Ihavent really had any desire or time to be online much. I have been sorting and finding places to store my Dads tools,equipment etc since the end of march and it is alot of STUFF

So sorry to hear about your dad Mark. It's tough loosing a loved one like that. My dads been gone 30 years now and I still miss him. I inherited his tools and every time I pick one up I think of him and what he taught me. I hope you have fond memories of him through the years of him like I do of my dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today.

I'm also sorry to hear about your Dad, Mark.

Does the Bassett construction have anything to do with Bassett furniture?

So sorry to hear about your dad Mark. It's tough loosing a loved one like that. My dads been gone 30 years now and I still miss him. I inherited his tools and every time I pick one up I think of him and what he taught me. I hope you have fond memories of him through the years of him like I do of my dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Same here everything Tool I puck up and everything I do through out the day on the job or just riding down the road hes on my mind.
I just want him back on the job.....

My dad is still here (for the time being). He had six heart attacks last june, a quadruple bypass and some other work done. He is out here visiting me for five weeks and refuses to eat healthy. I make healthy food and he goes out and gets fast food. Been living off chili cheese burgers, burritos and potato chips. I can't imagine him being here to many more years. He keeps telling me the doctor cleaned him out so he is good for another 15 years. Its hard watching someone in his state treat themselves like that.

My moms 94, suffers from dementia and Alzheimer's, has arthritis and stress fractures in her back. Some days she know me, some days she thinks I'm her brother, she doesn't remember my dad, thinks her sister whose been gone for 35 years lives with her, asks the same question 10 times ever time I visit (which is daily) and we have to have a care giver come and bath her. I wish burgers and chili fries were her only problem. Enjoy your time with him Chris while you can.

That's the plan. I don't want to live in that state. I think he has halfway given up. He talks about my mom a lot. Like wierd a lot. They divorced 30 years ago and he has been remarried for 20. My mom passed away 3-4 years ago. He is in a bad relationship and is scared to get out of it so I think this is his way. He feels bad for pretty much abandoning us kids and doesn't know how to go about fixing that when all we want is to have him in our life.

Latest posts

Back