Mississippi and N-Carolina

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frodo

Reaction score
the lgbt community is all in a twitter, because we refuse to bake cakes for who we want.LOL

this whole thing is so ridiculous,

here is the scuttle butt at the coffee shop.
overheard conversation

I dont give a rats *** who you are,,You are not gong to tell me I have to do a GD thing. If I dont want to make you a cake, I aint gonna make you a cake.

Last edited:
What ever happened to the signs that say "We have the right to refuse service to anyone"?

Have those also been outlawed, like the Confederate Flag?

It's all fine until you see a sign that says "we don't serve cops or plumbers".

Actually I think you could put up that sign I don’t think cops or plumbers are considered any kind of a special interest group. Now if the sign said we don’t serve gay cops or bi plumbers now that’s a different story.

No shirt, no shoes, no service:)

Can a cop marry a plumber in Mississippi?

And why is it so much fun to type Mississippi?

If a plumber can't buy a cake, he might start his own bakery and if no one stops that you will have all kinds of plumbers starting all kinds of businesses and the whole neighborhood will be bad.

m eye crooked letter crooked letter eye crooked letter crooked letter eye hump back hump back eye

I have been told I could not eat because I had did not have shoes on.......so I put the boots on that I took off that had 10 pounds of mud on them

and kicked mud all over the restaurant :beer:

The thing is. we feel, we have the right to serve who ever we want.
just as you have the right to go some where else.

let me ask you a question.
IF, a restaurant owner, or cake decorator told you he did not feel comfortable serving you or making your cake.

would you REALLY demand that that person makes you a plate of food or a cake for your guests ?

the answer, is of course NO. so in reality, it is not about the issue of whether I want to serve them or not.

IT is about them trying to be treated differently or better than others, also it is a control issue.

m eye crooked letter crooked letter eye crooked letter crooked letter eye hump back hump back eye

I have been told I could not eat because I had did not have shoes on.......so I put the boots on that I took off that had 10 pounds of mud on them

and kicked mud all over the restaurant :beer:

The thing is. we feel, we have the right to serve who ever we want.
just as you have the right to go some where else.

let me ask you a question.
IF, a restaurant owner, or cake decorator told you he did not feel comfortable serving you or making your cake.

would you REALLY demand that that person makes you a plate of food or a cake for your guests ?

the answer, is of course NO. so in reality, it is not about the issue of whether I want to serve them or not.

IT is about them trying to be treated differently or better than others, also it is a control issue.
I don't disagree, I was just making a point.

I agree, I would not want to buy a cake from someone who is likely going to spit in the mix. But I might also be pssed if every one within so many miles turns me down.

if every one turned you down then it JUUUUUST might be time for you to sit down and have a little look at yourself.

the problem is not always every body else.

ask yourself this question.

Why are they turning me down ?

HOW I;m I to know your gay? maybe your actions are offending others?

this goes back to respect, IF you want respect from me, you must first show me respect.

IE

You KNOW, that some people do not like lgbt, so why throw it in their face? all you are doing is LOOKING for a reaction to your own behavior

this reminds me of a friend that got divorced
the first time, i was on his side, stood up for him, it was all the girls fault
the second time, i was skeptical, but he is a bud, it was the girls fault
3rd time, lets face it bro, your an AH and cant get along. I think I will date your ex

You don’t have to like someone or agree with someone to do business with them. And if you start picking and choosing you are cutting off your own livelihood. I have a friend that fixes cars and I stop in and in his window he has a vote for so in so sign. I ask him what’s up with the sign and I happened to like the guy he had the sign for. He said oh he stopped in and asked if I would put his sign up so I said sure. So I said well what if his opponent asked the same. He said hell no. I told him why didn’t you open up your cash drawer and give him a grand when he was here. He said I don’t have that kind of money. I said well a grand would have been cheap that sign is taking away half your business for god knows how long. You should have said no to the sign but here is a 1000 bucks plaster more signs everyplace you can.

It is fine if the guy that owns a cake shop to hate anyone he wants it’s his personal right. But his business is not him and he’s responsible to his kids and workers and so many other things to keep his personal views out of his business. That’s my opinion. It is smart business that’s all. Now if they want two guys on top of the cake you just say we don’t carry them we don’t have the demand. Bring your own I will stick it on or I can order one it will be this much extra.

Cops and plumbers and whoever can have any feelings they want about any group but when the sink needs fixed or the guy is in trouble or speeding everyone gets the same treatment.

That’s my :2cents:

the question is

If the United States Military can recognise a muslim's faith and let him wear a beard and rag on his head while in uniform

then the government can damn well recognise a christian faith , who believes the bible says Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

simple, either recognise for all or for none

You don’t have to like someone or agree with someone to do business with them. And if you start picking and choosing you are cutting off your own livelihood. I have a friend that fixes cars and I stop in and in his window he has a vote for so in so sign. I ask him what’s up with the sign and I happened to like the guy he had the sign for. He said oh he stopped in and asked if I would put his sign up so I said sure. So I said well what if his opponent asked the same. He said hell no. I told him why didn’t you open up your cash drawer and give him a grand when he was here. He said I don’t have that kind of money. I said well a grand would have been cheap that sign is taking away half your business for god knows how long. You should have said no to the sign but here is a 1000 bucks plaster more signs everyplace you can.

It is fine if the guy that owns a cake shop to hate anyone he wants it’s his personal right. But his business is not him and he’s responsible to his kids and workers and so many other things to keep his personal views out of his business. That’s my opinion. It is smart business that’s all. Now if they want two guys on top of the cake you just say we don’t carry them we don’t have the demand. Bring your own I will stick it on or I can order one it will be this much extra.

Cops and plumbers and whoever can have any feelings they want about any group but when the sink needs fixed or the guy is in trouble or speeding everyone gets the same treatment.

That’s my :2cents:

agree,,,......

the question is

If the United States Military can recognize a Muslim's faith and let him wear a beard and rag on his head while in uniform

then the government can damn well recognize a christian faith , who believes the bible says Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve

simple, either recognize for all or for none

It seems now days you have to accept or recognize, religions, beliefs and how someone identifies them self unless it is of the Christian faith or conservative views. We have to worry so much about feelings that we cant get anything done.

It seems now days you have to accept or recognize, religions, beliefs and how someone identifies them self unless it is of the Christian faith or conservative views. We have to worry so much about feelings that we cant get anything done.

What is it a Christian is not allowed to wear or where is it a Christian is not allowed to go?

I think we can agree that freedom to think and feel is a right. We all have the right to fear or hate but to bring that to a public forum, it is an attempt to limit some one else's right to feel free. That is hard to stomach from a country that claims greatest freedoms in the world.;)

A christian is allowed to do or say whatever they want just like every other religion in America. I don't know of anyone that cannot go or wear what they want in this country. Excpet I can't go to Chicago without being robbed and maybe killed. I am more referring to if a Christian openly believes what is in the bible than they are mocked or looked down upon by these same people that are preaching equality.

I am no expert but I think freedom of religion as designed by 13 colonies each with their own religious laws kind of precluded one religious group could install their laws over another but laws would be written by the government to serve all.

Latest posts

Back