Mississippi and N-Carolina

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to reword that

If a contract is not signed I reserve the right to back out at any time i wish, for any reason I wish

If a contract is signed and I back out I assume I will be sued for breach of contract, I am legally bound to complete the work

the 2 gentlemen with the bath renovation in my opinion, have no more rights/or less rights than a male/female couple

There are as many forms of prejudice as there are people. Say two women come in to buy a cake or two men, or could it be a black man and a white woman or a white man and a black woman or just a black man and woman. Say two middle easterners come in a man and a woman. Say two northerners a man and a woman come in to a Mississippi cake shop.

I haven’t experienced too much of it in my life and have rarely had it directed in my direction but on a couple of occasions I have, I will relate one.

I went into a store it was a small place down in SC in a small town kind of a hardware store farm and garden place to buy some stuff I needed for an older person I was visiting down there. I went up to the counter and asked an older woman if she had what I was looking for and before she could answer I heard a male voice from the back area say tell that GD Yankee we don’t have any and to get the F out. She got a funny look on her face and didn’t say a work the boss had spoken. I had a feeling she was married to the friendly old guy. I was a bit shocked and fighting the urge to be confrontational I looked up and saw the smallest white tail dear head mounted I had ever seen with a really small 4 point rack. If you did find a deer that small with antlers you might just shoot it as it would be some sort of genetically mutated deer in Pa. So I said ok I’ll go but before I leave can you tell me what kind of animal that is up there it, looks like a white tail but in all my life I never saw one so small knowing full well that was about what a SC white tail looked like. The old guy comes around out of the back and asks where you from boy. Instead of getting in his face I say oh Pennsylvania I said our white tails we mount are normally 12 point or more and go a couple hundred pounds heavier than that little guy. He kind of smiled and started chatting about this and that and asked me what I was doing down his way I told him who I was seeing and what we were building and he knew the people I was there to see. Finally he said ok what can I do you out of. I told him how up north Walmart was known to move in to an area and in a short time wreck a lot of little mom and pop shops. And as he was 5 miles closer I figured I would check his place out. He asked again what I wanted and I said no that’s ok I have quite a list here I’ll just head on down to Walmart and see how they handle the Yankee thing. I told him I would keep an eye out for any of them big bucks out on the road as I would hate to total my truck hitting one. Told him it was real nice chatting and he had a nice little store but I best be going I had a lot of work to get done and I was only going to be down a couple weeks. The woman had a bit of a grin as I left.

I didn’t go on national tv I didn’t raise my voice I didn’t write my congressman I voted with my feet. I figured it was his right to be a grumpy old fart still fighting the Civil War or what they call it in SC The war of northern aggression. And it was my right to Go to Walmart that is way to smart to care about anything but making money.

That is indeed a good story.

when ever i see a
Weapons-Restricted-Sign-NHE-17745_300.gif

I exercise my right to turn around and spend my money elsewhere. I dont try and sue..

the question is, why is it considered prejudice for store owners not to want to be sued for refusing service to whoever they wish not to serve?

If I go to walmart bakery and order a confederate flag birthday cake I will be told no.

if i order a wedding cake with 2 men on the top . If the baker says no. I can sue them ?

that double standard garbage makes no since to me.

seems to me a certain group of people are trying to have "special" rights.

Should be. We can offend people on both sides all day long. Until we all agree that we will not all agree on the same things this type of crap will keep on going. Instead of trying to fix our spending issues and education, child welfare and all that we pick the little things of a flag or a sign or what someone is wearing, really I couldn't care less what you are wearing as long as you are wearing something. I don't care what flag you fly but please if it is not American can you please fly it under the good ol USA Flag?

If we banned everything a crazy person or killer wore, flew or drove there would not be much left.

The gay laws are fairly new and all the talking about the flag has been big lately, it does take time for everyone to get on the same page.

I think I heard that Walmart stopped selling the flag. I could see the reasoning that if we don't sell the flag, then we can't do the cake. I can understand the reasoning. But that doesn't make it right.

The gay laws are fairly new and all the talking about the flag has been big lately, it does take time for everyone to get on the same page.

I think I heard that Walmart stopped selling the flag. I could see the reasoning that if we don't sell the flag, then we can't do the cake. I can understand the reasoning. But that doesn't make it right.

their should be no "GAY" laws. that is the problem.

one set of laws for everyone.

matter of fact, i really do not think we need the government telling us who we can or can not sell to;
that is not the governments job to baby sit our every thought and action

matter of fact, i really do not think we need the government telling us who we can or can not sell to;

I agree, people should be accepted as people , no need for special laws.

I agree. I was reading a news story today about this new lawsuit, now that we are required equal pay for men and women in equal jobs no matter the experience or ability to do said job now we have a lawsuit for discrimination based on race. Supposed to be the biggest hurdle jumped in the race issue.

I agree, people should be accepted as people , no need for special laws.

Couldn't agree more, I don't care if you are black, white, brown, orange, gay, straight, identify as a man or a woman or a sea turtle. I will accept you as you put yourself out there. If you act like a normal human I will treat you like a normal human, If you act like you need special treatment because of you life choices than I will probably just ignore you. That and if you have a penis you use the boys room, you aint sharing a bathroom with my daughter.

Latest posts

Back