Mississippi and N-Carolina

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Experience and ability are not in question....equal pay for equal work has not been reality for women.

Slightly different locally. There are many woman far exceeding men in the work force. I think when they do that comparison it is not normal jobs that the average person has but more of the elitist jobs. For example my pipe supply saleswoman makes over 100k a year while her equal a man is making about 75. I personally don't know or even think I have met anyone that falls in this category. Have you?

Slightly different locally. There are many woman far exceeding men in the work force. I think when they do that comparison it is not normal jobs that the average person has but more of the elitist jobs. For example my pipe supply saleswoman makes over 100k a year while her equal a man is making about 75. I personally don't know or even think I have met anyone that falls in this category. Have you?
Not enough info here to make a judgement on. could be all sorts of reasons.

Numbers. Numbers as in profits to the company are what base most all peoples wages in a sales position.

Not in sales I would guess it's what you know and how hard you work to earn it. I know men that have been in the field for 20 years that are not worth half of what a guy who has the motivation and has been in the industry for a couple years.

I guess what I am getting at is that some of these so called equal rights are probably already a lot more equal then we think.

I don't spend a lot of time figuring how fair it is that most well paid people get paid but I would think at any level, I would be pissed if I spent 10 years teaching and supervising 10 or 15 underlings and come to find they all make more than I do. Then to find out I have no right to do anything about and could have been fired for asking what others earn.

I used to work for a Mechanical Contractor that Had offices in 4 states. They were/are not a small co.

I was a superintendent i ran work also did my own hiring.

Look, it is sad but true, My responsibility is to hire you as low of a wage as I can, i am looking out for the bottom line on my job

If you are a timid type person you will be making less than another employee.

I work off of a spread sheet. so much money is allocated for labor for suuch and such task..my job is to get the job done under the figures the bid boys

have given me. and yes, if I do it I get a bonus

I stumbled across this, this morning

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBfoFl0mnho"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBfoFl0mnho[/ame]

It would have been a lot better if at the end he drove his motorcycle over the cake and off into the sunset.

You can go into Walmart and ask for anything on a cake you want that is your right. They can put it on or not that is their right. You can have them make a ISIS cake and if the baker has no idea what it is and never had a directive not to make one and you sneak it past and get it made that doesn’t mean Walmart supports ISIS it just means you pulled one over on them that’s all. If they didn’t make this guys cake and he is bellyaching about it he is just about the same as the LGBT folks making a big deal about a wedding cake the way I see it. Everyone’s perspective of a position is slanted to their beliefs and feelings. Now if the guy wanted to go to his next motorbike convention and tell everyone he sees stop shopping at Walmart they wouldn’t make me a cake that’s his right. If about 20 million of his close friends see the video and agree that is their right. I assume you agree with him then just stop shopping at Walmart and Walmart will go away. I like Chick-fil-A chicken sandwiches. They are not open on Sunday and more than once I was hoping they were. It is a religious issue that they are closed and if I agree with it or not it is their right to take a super good chicken sandwich selling day and close up. It’s their gig to do how they want. If you don’t like something then change it if you can’t change it vote with your mouth or feet in a civil manner. Go into a bar drunk and the bartender says sorry I can’t serve you. If you get a million drunks together and get a law changed saying drunks are discriminated by bartenders. Then 10 million people better get together and vote the ones out that made the law. That’s what I plan on doing in the next election.

All I have to say is I am voting for Bernie and quitting my job, if you can't beat em might as well join them.

So we can a agree, we don't need to see flaming gay people or a store that makes a big deal about a cake.

Add to that people that flame about cakes, guns and welfare.

So we can a agree, we don't need to see flaming gay people or a store that makes a big deal about a cake.

Add to that people that flame about cakes, guns and welfare.

Is flaming a PC term we are allowed to use. I lost my list of banned words.

All I have to say is I am voting for Bernie and quitting my job, if you can't beat em might as well join them.

You do know when you join Bernie’s team and I’m not saying it is a bad plan at all but to get all the free stuff you have to first give up the stuff you got. Unless your part of the main hub. Then you can be the average man but still have personal jets and the like.

I have a young friend that got out of med school about 2 years ago and for 8 years he was quite compassionate and quite liberal all thru school. Two years in the real world now paying taxes and his outlook has reversed 180. It is all about your viewpoint.

I’m all for redistribution of wealth I told him, The smarter you are and the harder you work the more gets redistributed to you.

We're heading down the same 'ol rabbit hole folks. I don't really care to go there again with the same people holding the same views and making the same old arguments. There's no point to it.

You do know when you join Bernie’s team and I’m not saying it is a bad plan at all but to get all the free stuff you have to first give up the stuff you got. Unless your part of the main hub. Then you can be the average man but still have personal jets and the like.

I have a young friend that got out of med school about 2 years ago and for 8 years he was quite compassionate and quite liberal all thru school. Two years in the real world now paying taxes and his outlook has reversed 180. It is all about your viewpoint.

I’m all for redistribution of wealth I told him, The smarter you are and the harder you work the more gets redistributed to you.

I agree, the bernie plan only favors you if you little and don't want much in life.

I was about the same, i grew up dirt floor poor and was fairly liberal because I wanted something for nothing or I was jealous of my neighbor having stuff I did not. In my teenage years I saw and hung out with the people and families getting that something for nothing and yeah they got it for nothing but it still wasn't a great life. They had a car, roof over their head and food on the table but that was about it yet they still did not strive for anything better. They were happy because it just came every month, a few of them had more kids to make more money but really that was the extent of it. In all honesty it is not a bad life if you only need or want the basics. My problem is I had dreams of nice things and being able to travel or buy things when I wanted and not just when I needed. My grandfather put it in my head that I needed to work for the stuff I wanted and work hard. I dropped out of high school (He didn't like that much) and went to work, soon I was a 15 year old with more money than my friends families had. By 18 I was working three jobs. By my early 20's I found myself not spending much time with my old friends or their families because their views and mine no longer matched.

Fast forward another 15 years and all I hear from them is how things were handed to me and I must have lied cheated and stole what I have because no one under 30 that came from nothing could be a successful business owner. I only became that because I set goals and worked my *** off. Now days I find my views are more on trying to keep what I have earned.

I feel for people and like to help out but growing up in that lifestyle I really know the mentality behind it and much of it is how little can I do for free money.

Latest posts

Back