Mississippi and N-Carolina

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all have our problems. From what I understand the best after hours entertainment in Van. is two trans bars or clubs or what ever they call them. The $40 cover charge keeps the trash out but the trans are complaining, there are too many straights filling the places up.

hellofa job. guess it will be as it is now.

see a suspicious person call the law, at that point being legal is a moot point.
the law will show up, investigate by asking questions, name will be run in the computer sop
the person will be detained for 15 minutes, if the name comes back clear they are good to go.
if they have a little outstanding BS. free room and board.

I as a citizen have no idea that person is gay or pediphile, I will let the police make that distinction

So once you beat issis, are you going to stay to help the countries get back on there feet and change the hearts and minds of the people like Japan and Germany or are you going to leave so something else can grow to replace it.
Do you support Assad or the rebels.
It all sounds easy if you say it fast.

No we just tried the leaving plan for 7 years and we know how that worked out. Maybe we need to stick around next time and see how that works. We spend trillions and trillions anyway might as well spend it over there keeping an eye on things as anyplace else. Oh here is an idea why don’t we keep the peace and at the same time say as long as we are here we will let you pay the bill by us selling your oil and spending half on defense and giving half to rebuild your country.

Or we can fight them here as Frodo suggested.:usa:

No we just tried the leaving plan for 7 years and we know how that worked out. Maybe we need to stick around next time and see how that works. We spend trillions and trillions anyway might as well spend it over there keeping an eye on things as anyplace else. Oh here is an idea why don’t we keep the peace and at the same time say as long as we are here we will let you pay the bill by us selling your oil and spending half on defense and giving half to rebuild your country.

Or we can fight them here as Frodo suggested.:usa:

So now you are going to have a religious test at the boarder.
You will loose, who knows how many solders over there, and the bill sooner or later has to be paid for, or all that bitching about the national dealt was tongue in cheek. Who do you befriend over there that won't be the enemy the next day. Who ever you end up with as friend will be in control of the oil and it all starts all over again because non of them can be trusted to look after each other.

And if I can be so stupid as to ask why you are afraid to fight them at home.

I just look at it like any other problem like maybe a house with a bad foundation. You can keep patching the cracks, you can hate the not so friendly uncle that co-signed the mortgage who keeps pointing, you have a problem. you don't tear the house down before you have checked out the foundation.
It might be great to make a decisive decision and tear it down and rebuild but if you do not understand the problem you will build the same house and the foundation will fail and the crack is back.

And if I can be so stupid as to ask why you are afraid to fight them at home.

gaza2.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GKJJnO4ybCI/UJgUr6EKqEI/AAAAAAAAJWs/iUSxjvGfn54/s1600/gettysburg+Battle+dead+Ghost+Confederates.jpg[/IMG

(Deleted pic)

Because, This is what war looks like, I would rather have this carnage on their home field and not ours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frodo, deleted the pics as they were close to the line.

I agree the last thing we want is war on our turf.

They are ruthless, they will blow up schools and homes with no regret.

did you know that twice as nany people are killed with this
All-Steel-Hammer.jpg

than this
Assault_rifles.jpg

Former National Rifle Association President David Keene said on Tuesday that hammers kill more people than assault weapons in the U.S.

“You know, last year and the year before according to FBI statistics, more people in this country were beaten to death than were killed by long arms—so called assault weapons—the government sought to ban,” he said during an interview with Fusion’s Jorge Ramos. “More people were killed with hammers than were killed with those guns.”

Let’s check those claims.

FBI crime data doesn’t specifically define “assault weapons.” But the number of murders in 2012 committed by beating (aka “personal weapons”) was 678. That outpaced murders by rifles (322) and shotguns (303) combined. Although the categories are ill-defined, Keene may be right on the first point.

RELATED

WATCH: These Politicians are Enabling Mass Shootings

Keene’s claim about hammers, however, is wrong. And it’s not even close. In 2012, 8,855 people were murdered by firearms, according to the FBI’s numbers. By comparison, 518 people were murdered by blunt objects (defined not just as hammers, but clubs and other similar items too). Even if you just compare blunt objects to long arms, more people were killed with the latter than the former last year.

Most importantly, the vast majority of murders in America are committed with guns. Firearms made up nearly 70 percent of all homicides in 2012. More people were murdered with guns last year than by beating, blunt objects, knives, poison, and explosives combined.

Accidental deaths with firearms were also much more common than blunt-object deaths.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 606 people were killed in accidents involving guns in 2010. That number jumped to 851 in 2011. There’s no data available on blunt objects in 2011. But the previous year? Only four people died in accidents with “nonpowered hand tools,” and one person was killed by accident with a blunt object.

The hammer-to-gun comparison has long been made by gun-rights advocates. The problem is, it doesn’t add up.

TWEET
EMAIL

I think more people are killed by crazy or mentally ill people than by anything else.

If you cared about life you would spend time trying to figure out how to keep you toys safe
http://www.thetrace.org/2015/12/gun-violence-stats-2015/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/4486-american-soldiers-ha_b_5834592.html

Any excuse to hate someone, use the constitution , use religion, if you can't find a good excuse make one up. If you can't argue a point change the subject.

Have a nice day.

I would not consider a gun a toy. A gun is a weapon or tool. In the wrong hands just like a knife, car, rope or anything else can be dangerous. But for the other 99.9% of us normal law biding citizens they mean a lot more. I am an avid hunter and feed much of the meat my family eats from animals I have hunted. I also have a fascination with guns and probably own more than you do socks, I have a couple of these so called Assault rifles (Which are no different than any of my hunting rifles except with a bunch of other junk strapped to them). I am not a crazy person and none of my guns will ever be used in a crime. I keep them all locked up where they are safe from crazy people. Guns are really not the problem and here in the US they will never be gone. If you take guns from all the law biding people only criminals will have them. Criminals don't buy them legally or care to. You can make the laws whatever you want and it would only hurt people like Frodo and I not the criminals since they will still have their connections. I am not going to go into how to reduce gun murders because I don't know, maybe have people raise better people. It all starts at home in childhood.

I have no problem with you having the right to have guns of any size and shape but if you watch frodo video at least a few of those would be toy unless some one is planning something ??
I said toys, just like I talk about boys with their toys when when they collect cars, boats or anything else they have no obvious need for.
Pretty much anyone here can buy a long gun or shot gun and if you want to own a pistol you have to jump thru hoops for weeks and then you need a permit to move it from your home to a shooting range. There are some that can get a carry permit for back country work.
My problem is those that talk about there rights to own like some can take them away. Even I know what would have to happen before anyone could do that.
But when you talk about guns in some inner city, some how those are other guns like they fall out of the sky or something.

If there is nothing that can be done about guns in the inner cities, why would you worry about some bomb in Boston, it is just another city.
So who are the people buying guns and running them across state lines. They are obviously breaking the law or they are selling to people that are going to break the law.,

Or do more people need guns so they don't mess up all those hammers.

If you want to murder someone you will find a way but I think you would more than likely wouldn't hurt the kid walking home from school across the street.

collectors, not gun freaks.....do you see the joke n this table?

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have no problem with you having the right to have guns of any size and shape but if you watch frodo video at least a few of those would be toy unless some one is planning something ??
I said toys, just like I talk about boys with their toys when when they collect cars, boats or anything else they have no obvious need for.
Pretty much anyone here can buy a long gun or shot gun and if you want to own a pistol you have to jump thru hoops for weeks and then you need a permit to move it from your home to a shooting range. There are some that can get a carry permit for back country work.
My problem is those that talk about there rights to own like some can take them away. Even I know what would have to happen before anyone could do that.
But when you talk about guns in some inner city, some how those are other guns like they fall out of the sky or something.

If there is nothing that can be done about guns in the inner cities, why would you worry about some bomb in Boston, it is just another city.
So who are the people buying guns and running them across state lines. They are obviously breaking the law or they are selling to people that are going to break the law.,

Or do more people need guns so they don't mess up all those hammers.

If you want to murder someone you will find a way but I think you would more than likely wouldn't hurt the kid walking home from school across the street.

We get people bringing guns across state and country lines. Most all of those inner city guns used in crimes are stolen.

I don't know about the rest of the country but in ca you must show proof of owning a safe to buy a gun. Then you need to use it. Problem with that is it is still hard to stop a good thief from getting them and selling them to criminals. I see in the news guys who drive trucks through gun shop walls just to steal guns.

I still think most of it can be changed at home. I was raised to not steal or be a criminal. It's really not hard if you are involved in your children's life. Problem with that is these criminals parents are no better than them.

Than there is the mental stability problem. That one I have no idea. Those people are going to snap and kill with or without a gun.

If you found a way to actually get rid of the millions of guns in the US without people fighting back violence may drop just a little but we will still have these killers who will still kill one way or another.

You mean the glock?

Leadbetter put the ear protection on them to cover it up

after I asked him if he needed a bottle of water to fill his plastic water pistol up:rofl:

Latest posts

Back