Mississippi and N-Carolina

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually,,,the whole thing was about muslims.

i was putting into a context...or making the numbers smaller. using a family unit to represent the USA

with the children being citizens. i see that I must have not made it plane.

my whole point is this.

you have voiced your concerns that we should not/ or it would be unfair to stop individuals of a religion to enter the us

I believe you mentioned a religion test.

that is not what i was referring to..not a religion test. but a country temporary ban.

ban ALL entrance into the USA from eastern europe and the immerants TEMPORALLY

untill the radical extreme muslim war is over.

I really dont give a damn about hurt feelings or political correctness

this is a Ban to safe guard the lives of our citizens.

ARE YOU AWARE. the 24 month "vetting" has been shortened to 90 DAYS ?

are you aware that terroriests have been caught hiding among the refugees?

are you aware the terroriests have said they will come into this country to kill, hiding among the refugees?

my concerns are not false fear manipulation . The threat to MY country is real.

extremest radical muslims have declared war on the USA

So, My plan of action , IF I could call the shots

BAN entrance into the USA..Temporarily
resettle the refugees in THERE country with humanitarian aid
tent city type of thing.
CaLL upon the OTHER countries {members of NATO}
to step up and offer personal to over see and protect the refugees

we do not HAVE to shoulder the load,,,,let them do it

We are not allowed to hurt feelings anymore. Are you ready for a woman on the 20 dollar bill only for racial and sex equality. Its been all over the news here.

I only questioned if Bud was suggesting a religious test, I don't think any country puts that info on passports but most of these people would likely have no passport anyway.

I think we can agree as there where no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq so at the very least the war was a mistake which many NATO countries took part with their own treasure and lost lives.
I believe some non NATO countries were there too.
Some of those countries right now are dealing with millions of refugees and helping with the camps in other countries.
The terror attacks we see in Europe for the most part are NATO countries and the attacks are carried out by their own citizens that have returned from the middle east.

I think the bigger problem might be those same European citizens can travel to the US and Canada with out a visa.

I never suggested a religious test or anything of the sorts. I personally think we should have the same set of standards for anyone entering the country legally and the same reaction to anyone entering illegally. Try sneaking into Mexico and see what the reaction you get when found out. This country is the melting pot and if you want to come here then do it by the rules. Don’t single any country out have the same restriction for everyone. We have enough laws already we don’t need to make a different law for every bunch of people we let in.

As to the rest of the world that is being run by these thugs that will murder their own people to keep control. As long as they are not crossing the lines and staying on their own turf do we just pretend its not happening? I would say a true liberal would feel the pain of these folks and want to help them out. That would involve going over and killing people and some of ours getting killed. There is no clean cut way to go about it. Was there WMD’s who knows if there were we waste so much time trying to be nice they ship them all next door. But if you think the mess needs cleaned up and you go in there for whatever reason and do the job. Why in the world wouldn’t you stay and keep what you gained. No you pull out leave a unstable place for people 10 times worse to take over all because you promised that as a way to getting elected. We have no continuity of a plan in this country any more.

The world would be a better place I guess if we wouldn’t have tried to help. Just let the dictator in power rape and murder anyone he felt like those few people shouldn’t count anyway. I know it was all about oil and making money for the vice presidents ex company.

I never suggested a religious test or anything of the sorts. I personally think we should have the same set of standards for anyone entering the country legally and the same reaction to anyone entering illegally. Try sneaking into Mexico and see what the reaction you get when found out. This country is the melting pot and if you want to come here then do it by the rules. Don’t single any country out have the same restriction for everyone. We have enough laws already we don’t need to make a different law for every bunch of people we let in.

As to the rest of the world that is being run by these thugs that will murder their own people to keep control. As long as they are not crossing the lines and staying on their own turf do we just pretend its not happening? I would say a true liberal would feel the pain of these folks and want to help them out. That would involve going over and killing people and some of ours getting killed. There is no clean cut way to go about it. Was there WMD’s who knows if there were we waste so much time trying to be nice they ship them all next door. But if you think the mess needs cleaned up and you go in there for whatever reason and do the job. Why in the world wouldn’t you stay and keep what you gained. No you pull out leave a unstable place for people 10 times worse to take over all because you promised that as a way to getting elected. We have no continuity of a plan in this country any more.

The world would be a better place I guess if we wouldn’t have tried to help. Just let the dictator in power rape and murder anyone he felt like those few people shouldn’t count anyway. I know it was all about oil and making money for the vice presidents ex company.
I never suggested you said religious test , I merely asked if that is what you had meant, perhaps if you had answered that question there would be no confusion.
Frodo misunderstood my question to mean I had an opinion one way or another.

As far as keeping what is gained, would you have left your people there, subject to local laws and justice, I believe that was the question.

A couple of random notes:

I don't like that the refugees from Syria are moving away from the fighting and somehow we are expected to go there and fight for them. What if we just cordoned off a corner of the country, protected it's "new" border, trained an army from the refugees who could fight. Then they could lead the charge to take back back their own land.

Any religious test is doomed to fail, because any enemy that wanted entrance could just study the part and act his way over the border.

America has not had much success in fighting insurgent groups, but has a proven record of kicking the *** of any country/government that it declares war on. Let's wait until the caliphate is formed and then bring hell down on the seat of it's power.

Problem with all of these? Sure. People suffer and die while waiting for these things to happen. I still have a hard time justifying that.

fencing off a section for the refugees in their land is good idea..

let them fight their own battles,

I am still in favor of a temp ban of all peoples from that corner of the world.

So now you are going to have a religious test at the boarder.
You will loose, who knows how many solders over there, and the bill sooner or later has to be paid for, or all that bitching about the national dealt was tongue in cheek. Who do you befriend over there that won't be the enemy the next day. Who ever you end up with as friend will be in control of the oil and it all starts all over again because non of them can be trusted to look after each other.

And if I can be so stupid as to ask why you are afraid to fight them at home.

I just look at it like any other problem like maybe a house with a bad foundation. You can keep patching the cracks, you can hate the not so friendly uncle that co-signed the mortgage who keeps pointing, you have a problem. you don't tear the house down before you have checked out the foundation.
It might be great to make a decisive decision and tear it down and rebuild but if you do not understand the problem you will build the same house and the foundation will fail and the crack is back.

i believe this is where i got the idea you mentioned a religious test

Neal, You have some very valid points. I dont agree with them. cause i'm an ***, but they are valid points.

So I did word that wrong about what Bud had said.
I thought 41 was wrong to leave Iraq in place after the first war, but now I understand what he was doing , I think.
I think the biggest problems in the world is when people are fenced in with what ever fence type I can imagine, wire, fear, hate.
I do not have answers but my fear is what happens after, we prop up a dictator or leave a country in a mess. I think most of what I hear is like duct tape on a broken pipe.

Did people really have a plan for Iraq or Libya.

Did people really have a plan for Iraq or Libya.

You should never go to war without a plan and a goal. Yes they had a plan at least the generals had a plan for Iraq. Fighting might end but that doesn’t mean a country is going to do what we did in America. We didn’t kill and defeat the enemy we chased them across a line to sit us out and the second we pull back out they come. Wars are won when you break the will of the people you are fighting to fight back and in that definition of war we never did that.

Now did we have a plan for Libya, past killing a dictator, I would first say we didn’t but then again a plan doesn’t have to be for victory and if what happened was the result of a plan then maybe we did have a plan and it’s just not one I endorse. If the plan was to encourage the caliphate to form and grow well then our plan is working out perfect.

Latest posts

Back