My Garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got some more of the tools sorted and put in the attic today.

Not the attic! That is the final resting place............

Wish I had an attic like that. Mine is just crappy rafters.

my attic is nice though i can stand up in it. i plan on building some shelves up there once i get it all decked.

But my three car is a small three car. about the size of a large two car.

I have finally started on my long needed shop build. Not gonna be a huge shop due to my lot size. im going with a 12x16 it will have a 2nd floor that will probaly be a wood shop. i have been keeping an eye on craigslist for deals on lumber and found some 2x8's for a third of the cost of the local lumber yard. so i took my trailer and got a load ofem. my plan was to build a wood framed floor but after figuring up my cost for footings and posts my good deal on lumber is still gonna cost me more than i thought. I am now figuring the cost of pouring a slab but pouring a slab will require renting a skid steer to grade with I know in the end i will wish i had done a concrete floor but right now i have to go with the cheaper option. i already have my permit and the cash for the concrete but still need to come up with funds for bobcat rental and rebar. if i go with the wood framed floor i have my framing material and most of the cash to do the footings. so at this point it boils down to if i want to wait or not.

Wait and do concrete. You will enjoy it that much more. Skid steers are cheap in comparison to wishing you would have spent the few hundred bucks. If I were closer I would let you use mine.

Back