My Garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will find a pic of the trans adapter and as far as the spring compressor and seal tools go i borrowed them.

Where di you get your rolling work bench top, looks like a section of gym floor or bowling alley.

Where di you get your rolling work bench top, looks like a section of gym floor or bowling alley.

if you are referring to my table yes it is a section of bowling alley. I saw it on craigslist. I bought about 12 feet of it. it makes for a very hard surface, but I did not realize when I bought it that the pieces are nailed together. I guess I always assumed they were glued. so the end pieces kept wanting to come off. so I ended up gluing and screwing them just like I did the rest of the table. it is very sturdy. I weigh about 250 pounds and I can stand on it and it doesn't even wiggle. its actually funny, I had seen people using bowling alley wood for benches so I searched on craigslist. I found this, bought a section of it for 80 bucks then I did not know what to do with it. so I decided to build this table. I still have about 8 feet of the wood up on top of my loft just collecting dust waiting for me to figure out what I want to do with it.

i had to move all of the customers stuff back in the garage today due to heavy rain and t-storms so heres the best pic i could get today atleast it shows the colors. if its not rainin tomorrow i plan to move some stuff out and get back to work building shelves and work benches.

View attachment Charles james garage paint colors.jpg

What did you use for the workbench top? I can't tell from the pic...is it a laminate, SS or what?

Sure is looking great.

thanks, only problem is it makes me wanna redo my garage now!

i was done with all the painting by 12 today............then the Home Owner added 6 more shelves which i got all of them built and one of them painted. and it looks like i will be doing gray epoxy on the floor when i finally get done building shelves. the last thing the H.O. said to me before i left today was dont be surprised if there is another pile of wood shelving material in here whenyou get here monday. this one may not end any time soon, but he pays as we complete each project so I'm good with it. if only every H.O. were this easy to work with!

View attachment Cj 1x8 shelf.jpg

View attachment Cj shelves and workbench painted.jpg

made some good progress on the F-250 trans rebuild last night only things left now are install the pump and rebuild the valve body which i should complete tomorrow. then i have to replace the trans cooler on the truck buy a torque converter and install it. gettin closer!

View attachment Trans 1.jpg

View attachment Trans JM.jpg

Oh and yes thats my boy tightening up a bolt on the tranny!

My bro in law bumped into a tree with his bosses tractor and broke the front axle assembly so i get to attempt to fix it. it is a very large cast peice that broke. i am going to make a full pass with a cast iron rod and then weld 1/4" thick angle iron to the top and bottom but i am not garaunteeing anything. this is a big tractor! there is alot of weight put on this peice. so we will see???

View attachment JDEERE axle.jpg

Back