I've been ignoring an electrical issue in my house for about a year now. The problem is that none of the outlets in my dining room work and half the outlets in my kitchen don't work. The two rooms are right next to each other and none of the 4 bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, den, basement, garage, outside have any such outlet problems. I made a quick diagram here: None of the built-in wired lights in these rooms are malfunctioning. Both rooms have overhead fans/lights that work and the kitchen has cabinet (above and below) lighting and a overhead light about the sink that work just fine (along with their respective switches). I've reset all the breakers but that had no effect. I don't have any GFCI outlets either. I'm just looking for some initial steps to take to try troubleshooting and fixing this. The house is about 70 years old but the kitchen was completely remolded and rewired about 15 years ago.