princess bathroom remodel.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apparently my wife is a better photographer than I am. here are a couple pics she took.

the tile is down. it still needs to be grouted yet. that will happen sometime this week. I think I will wait to post pics until the grout is finished.

I'm sure it looks great. I can't wait to see it.

the tile is in. tomorrow i am going to try and get the cabinets installed.

after grout.

there is still a bit of grout haze on there so we will have to go back and clean it better tomorrow but it looks pretty good to me.

Really nice job. I like the dual small cuts on top of the shower shelf. That is an expert who took the time to get that right.

yes he did a really nice job from what I can see from the door lol He charged me 500.00 in labor and I bought all the materials. that was well worth it to me. I had the guy from the lumber yard come over and measure for the shower door and walls. I guess that comes from the same company as the onyx stuff, so I guess I get to install that as well, I thought it was going to be installed like the counter tops. oh well. anyway we are coming into the final stretch but it takes quite a while to get the counter tops and they can't measure for them until I get the cabinets in so that is my next priority

Are you installing framed or frameless glass?

I was told by a few installers that those frameless clips can only be compressed once, and if not positioned correctly, you would need to toss it and get a new one. Have you heard this?

cabinets installed. hopefully they will measure for countertops on friday. I will plan to get the base trim tomorrow. then paint and install. anyway here are a few pictures.

I ripped a piece of filler board and backed it with a piece of 2x2 to span the knee space and give it a more finished look. it also keeps the cabinets more securely anchored.

I see the end in sight, time to start planning the next project. 67 Shelby GT maybe?

You mean right after you come over and help me with my bathroom?

I see the end in sight, time to start planning the next project. 67 Shelby GT maybe?

given the choice of any project I think I would really like an old 60's era bronco. I would like to build one up with modern fuel injection and set it up as a nice rig I could drive anywhere and take on light trails. not a hard core off road rig but a dual purpose vehicle. if I ever find one when I have a bit of money that is not already spoken for (unlikely I know lol) that is what I want.

but I am already starting to fix my Dad's 94 mustang that he hit a deer with last year. I bought some parts for it and I am going to try to rebuild it as soon as I finish this project.

My next door neighbor restored his "first year" Bronco. The week he finished it, he was driving it when it quit running. He walked back home to get help and then heard fire trucks. He went back to the truck and it was burnt to the ground. It was pretty sad to see. (obviously an electrical short)

Sorry for the thread diversion. Now, back to your bathroom remodel....

My next door neighbor restored his "first year" Bronco. The week he finished it, he was driving it when it quit running. He walked back home to get help and then heard fire trucks. He went back to the truck and it was burnt to the ground. It was pretty sad to see. (obviously an electrical short)

Sorry for the thread diversion. Now, back to your bathroom remodel....

man that sucks. I love those old broncos. I have been looking at bronco II's a bit lately. you know they actually look pretty similar to the old broncos. I wonder if a good body guy could modify a set of fenders and a grill and make a bronco ii look like an original. maybe make the back removable. it would be an interesting project. the old ones run anywhere from 10,000 for a rust bucket to over 50,000 for a finished example so a bronco II converted to look like a classic has some appeal. I may have to think about that a bit more.

Wow! This looks fantastic!

I bet your daughter is excited about it. I think the bench looks fine.

$1100 isn't so bad all things considered.

I put the mop board on and the crown molding on the shower. we also put up the light over where the mirror will be. can't do much more until the shower walls show up and the counter top is in. I do have to buy one more light fixture for over the vanity. the one we bought won't fit. anyway. here are a couple more pictures just to show a bit of progress. oh and I started cleaning up my mess. I hauled a lot of the construction debris out and cleaned up the living room. took the plastic off the furniture. so things are winding down.

here is the shower. I still need to install the valve and the overhead shower head. btw. I have not done this before. are you supposed to silicone all the way around those escutcheons or how is that supposed to work?

Latest posts

Back