Repairs in a travel trailer.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OR, opaque ceiling panels, which are sold at almost every hdw. store.

If you want to "class it up", you could cut "glue chip" glass panels to fit within the doors. They are similar looking to the opaque panels Snoony wrote about above, but are actually glass. I had tons of it when I built stained glass.

How do I seal around this tub? I think it's wood paneling and think that the gap may be too wide for standard silicone caulk to seal.

1021171838.jpg

1st clean it, then there are any number of self-adhesive vinyl moldings.

You mean replace the whole paneling? With what? I'm not trying to turn something simple into something complicated.

When you put the tube of caulk into the caulking gun and cut the tube off, make sure you cut it off up close to the gun. You want the hole for the stuff to shoot out to be at least a half inch. That way when you pour the coal to it will fill that gap up fast. I would allow 3 to 4 weeks for it to cure being so thick. That’s a good thing as the wood will have a chance to dry out. Then slap on a good heavy coat of some thick exterior house paint over the wood.

Cheap and dirty is the way to go with a rental Alumdominium. :thbup:

Where can I find a replacement doorknob like this?

Also, how can I replace one cabinet door? I don't think they sell them like that.

you know the drill" get online and do a web search '''' also try to get a description of this :welcome:

When you put the tube of caulk into the caulking gun and cut the tube off, make sure you cut it off up close to the gun. You want the hole for the stuff to shoot out to be at least a half inch. That way when you pour the coal to it will fill that gap up fast. I would allow 3 to 4 weeks for it to cure being so thick. That’s a good thing as the wood will have a chance to dry out. Then slap on a good heavy coat of some thick exterior house paint over the wood.

Cheap and dirty is the way to go with a rental Alumdominium. :thbup:

In the first photo of post #4 you can see where the corner moulding stops above the tub. Originally they used a moulding similar to covebase.

You're absolutely right. You can go ahead with caulking that gap. I recommend Silly Putty, because it will last about as long as wood walls in a shower.

You're absolutely right. You can go ahead with caulking that gap. I recommend Silly Putty, because it will last about as long as wood walls in a shower.

I'll caulk it, tape it, then put sticky vinyl moulding.

Those wood walls have presumably been there for 2 decades.

Use POLYSEAMSEAL.

Silicone works best 20' deep in a landfill, unopened.

Sounds like a plan.

Next question.

What kind of caulk and tape for a wet area though? Lol.

I hate asking such obvious questions on here, but the employees at the big box stores are surprisingly clueless.

I guess this is sarcastic, right?

It's very hard to understand sarcasm over the Internet.

Back