What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5F this am with the wind chill of -15. I don’t know who was happier to get back inside this morning me or the dog. Groundhog is not too bad if you get a young one and know how to clean and prepare it. I wouldn’t eat a gopher.

http://animals.pawnation.com/differences-between-groundhogs-gophers-5020.html
All woodchucks are groundhogs, but not all groundhogs are woodchucks, but no groundhogs are gophers.

Five below this morning... and windy... the windy part is the hard part. I just went outside to empty the trash, and when I came back.. my Husky was waitin at the door to go back inside. Not a care in the world.Tail waggin and frost all over her face... When My wife went to work at 5;30, she must have forgotten to let her back in. Brrr....

It was about 72 this morning when I left for work. It's a rough life.

In four months I will be the one complaining.

20F and snowing like we are in it to win it.

Its -5F with a killer 25 mph NNW wind that ruins a nice day. Without the wind is would be nice. - About 0-2" of snow and the roads are bare and "frozen dry", so driving is fine. We will see a high of +4F.

Tomorrow -8F for a morning low, but less wind. At least it is predicable and does not really hamper travel.

Surprisingly, in the clear cold weather, we lose snow cover because of the sun's radiant heat that causes the snow to evaporate.

The weather patterns are the common ones. - Cold and clear/sunny and no precipitation. We are typically on the back side of the weather that sweeps down from the NW usually with little snow and then goes over the Great Lakes, picks up some moisture and then dumps on the east coast.

Dick

46° this morning. Brrrrrr... Only going up into the 60's today, guess I'll have to stay inside and wait until it warms up.

I feel your pain Speedbump. Woke up to -9 with a wind chill of -29. Deck was popping and the snow squeaking.

The dog didnt mess around looking for bunnies this morning.

But my poor brass monkey was beside himself. :hide:

45 an cloudy here.. i do not have a little "o'' to put behind my numbers. you must be special

I feel your pain Speedbump. Woke up to -9 with a wind chill of -29. Deck was popping and the snow squeaking.

The dog didnt mess around looking for bunnies this morning.
It's rough, but somebody has to do it. Poor Chris, he will sweating by lunchtime.

Frodo: Try holding down the alt key and pressing 0176 "°"

-6 right now just plowed the drive and came in with snow blindness it is really bright out. -17 tonight with a wind chill of OMG.
Kind of wish i had block heaters in the cars this winter.

About 87 out now. Just cut a new road on the property with my tractor.

Back