What's your Temp?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
54 degrees warmer this morning than yesterday. 21F Tee shirt weather. as soon as it hits 32 later in the day the plow is getting fired up.

When it's 21 in the fall everyone is freezing then after all this cold weather 21 people are out in shorts. :confused:

Well..I understand totally...its 9am..and 0 here.. lookin for a small warmup with 6 inches to go with it...then back to the COLDEST Feb so far in our History since 1905. Lookin forward to the 30's..LOL:banana::banana:

-15 this morning.... and yes the kids still went to school. They just dressed warmer. My friends down in Atlanta had an inch of snow... everyone is so pissed the kids went to school.
Yeah.. around here.. its called a dusting.

20 inches on the ground with 4 foot drifts still around... and not gonna be warm this week.. well. I'm lookin forward to my April vacation on the outer:beer: banks.

It was sprinkling yesterday and most of my employees called figuring we would not be working because of it.

Should we send donations?

I think I will be ok. We don’t have cable tv we get tv the way god intended over the air. We don’t have internet but have a hot spot off our cell plan. No land line. Not a lot of frills but works great to get the DIY forum. Been keeping the heat on 65 days and 60 at night. Lots of wool and flannel on plus the dog likes us more than normal. Told my boss at work the first day it breaks 60 I’m taking the day off and sitting outside the whole day.

The good news is they are predicting 10 to 12 inches tonight and tomorrow. Get us back in the snow hunt. I hope the garage can take a little more. What’s on there now is at least 3 feet that has compressed down.

IMG_6069.jpg

Your sure going to have some mud come spring. Probably a couple new rivers too.

On a side weather related note Holly’s dad’s barn collapsed yesterday on about a dozen cows. When the first truss snapped they all took off for the gates at the end and only one got caught under it. She was limping around for a few hours but then seemed fine. The animals have been so stressed from the cold as it is.

Holly’s granddad the crazy old builder that helped me with this place had 3 or more feet of snow on his roof a metal roofed ranch. So he opened the hatch in the garage into the rafter space and fired up a torpedo heater in the garage and got the garage up to 120 F. He failed to tell grandma what he was doing and after about a hour of cooking the attic it all took off at once scaring the hell out of grandma. She runs out to the garage that is 120 and he’s in his shorts sweating. Well lets just say he got an ear full.

photo.jpg

Your sure going to have some mud come spring. Probably a couple new rivers too.

We live in a valley cut by French Creek named by George Washington when he followed the river to a town 6 miles from us named Waterford Pa that was then occupied by the French with a fort there. Our town Cambridge Springs is down stream 6 miles. A good deal of the town is only a few feet above flood level and with thick ice on it this winter there is a lot of concern about the spring thaw and ice jams right now. Where we bought we are on a bit higher ground and water sometimes comes up to across the main road from us but would have to go another 15 feet to be a problem. But who knows this year. Hoping for a good thaw and no rain in a month or so. :confused:

Hopefully you will have a real slow warm up. You certainly don't want it to go from winter to summer over night.

Back