WHY do people buy blank?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought dinner for 4 at a tiny Italian place in Manhattan about 10 years ago. With a bottle of wine and a couple of beers it was $375 before the tip. I about crapped when they brought me the bill. It was all fresh pasta and was crazy good but come on it was still pasta, and certainly not all you could eat. $14 doesn't sound too bad when you put it that way. BTW I'm not an Olive Garden fan at all. There is a local Italian hole in the wall place here that is really good. Otherwise I rarely buy pasta when dining out for the same reasons you stated.
Well, the bottle of Athletes foot grape juice could have been $300...

Well, the bottle of Athletes foot grape juice could have been $300...
Wasn't too bad as I recall but that was at least 10 years ago so I bet that meal is at least $500 now. Place only had like 10 small tables.

Yes... Starchuckers is notorious for horrible tasting Coffee, so they bombard it with Sugar and colorings and other garbage. People line up to pay for it though. I can't imagine buying stuff like that.
"Seatle's best" used to be pretty good several (~7+) years ago, back when I still bought coffee outside from time to time. We also had some friends in Seattle and they all said that "Seatle's best" truly had the best coffee in Seatle. The shocking part was that in the last few of those years, ~2015, I found out that they had been bought by Starbucks a few years before. And there it went the one coffee that I liked... These days I stick to black tea with milk.

We buy the light roast from Trader Joe's. $5 for a 1 lb bag and it's the best coffee you can get before you start paying boutique prices ($15/lb or more) from the little local roasters.

In the old country the local Italian women would bake the bread at home in their wood fired ovens and carry it miles to the market holding 15 loafs of bread under each arm on those warm sunny summer days.

The 5 loafs under each arm pit were how they invented garlic bread. 🤢

Scotch in order to develop a taste for it.

"Seatle's best" used to be pretty good several (~7+) years ago, back when I still bought coffee outside from time to time. We also had some friends in Seattle and they all said that "Seatle's best" truly had the best coffee in Seatle. The shocking part was that in the last few of those years, ~2015, I found out that they had been bought by Starbucks a few years before. And there it went the one coffee that I liked... These days I stick to black tea with milk.
I don't remember Seattle's Best being good or bad, but when I lived in the area, most non Starbucks places were Tully's, which was fine. I rarely buy Coffee like that, but make Espresso at home with a Moka Pot... I found out that Starbucks makes the Kirkland brand from Costco, so I avoid that and buy Jose's Organic on the Costco website... I have been drinking tons of Green Tea though, maybe I'll dump Coffee for a while.

I tried Trader Joe's coffee a few years ago and liked it though I usually prefer a dark roast. It has now followed the trend and dropped to 14 oz bags however that's a moot point as Trader Joe's would be about 80 miles round trip for me.

Last edited:
the only thing that tastes better than your own shredded potatoes is ones covered in the tears of someone else who has shredded them for you.

I shredded potatoes once to make cups for baked eggs. I didn't like having to clean up the shredder so next time I made baked eggs I used tater tots.

Latest posts

Back