The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Amazing. The first picture looks just like a door.:D

Yep, I at first thought she was going to show us before and after pics of how it cleaned up. I guess I was confused.

You can toss the round piece. Many manufactured and mobile homes use the round sleeve instead of the square on the door edge.

LOL. Yeah, I do need to clean the door up. It has dirt marks from when we push it closed with our feet when our arms are full of groceries.

And I need to find a better solution for the wall panels instead of that duct tape. LOL.

Thanks, havasu. I really could not for the life of me figure out how it was supposed to fit in or where it was supposed to go. I'm glad that is nothing important for the mechanism.

My mother had actually wanted a blue door and we once bought the paint but I don't know what happened to it...

So, today I sold my cows and helped the lady who bought them by getting them in to the yard of my nice neighbor (whom I believe is her boyfriend or at least good friend). She was surprised at how my cow followed me and liked to be petted. She gave me a check and I went back into my house.

So I had $1200 for about 30 minutes when the lady came back. I went outside and my cows were in my front yard. She then told me that she'd never seen anything like it. Apparently a few minutes after I disappeared from the cows' sight, my older one completely freaked out and started mooing and running back and forth along the fenceline until she found a spot and then leaped over it. The other cow followed. My older one was practically hyperventilating, her nose was running, she had diarrhea, and she was basically very stressed out at having been separated from me. So I went over to hug her, pet her, and calm her down. She scraped her front dewlap a bit, but I think she's ok now. They lady decided that it wasn't a good transaction if the cow was that attached to me so I returned her check (since the cows returned themselves).

I guess now I really have to get my barn fixed up.

Reminds me if the time we had pigs at my boss's farm. We found out pigs don't lead, pigs don't follow and pigs don't heard. I wish we had a video of us trying to load 7 of them in a livestock trailer. Wasn't a good day for us or the pigs. We found out that a 350 lb pig can flip 2 full grown men carrying a stock panel. ;)

So--watched the neighbor dig a giant hole to bury 15 cows that died after a lightning strike hit the ground behind my house. I swear, I live in the lightning capital of the world.

Wouldn't that cow meat be good for something besides fertilizer?

Oh Yea, got my engine started last week. 1997 LT4 383 roller cam. All controlled with 1995 OBD1 PCM tuned by me (work in progress).

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22csaCtsjX8[/ame]

Wouldn't that cow meat be good for something besides fertilizer?

Not unless you cod get them dressed and hung immediately. Who knows what damage the lightning did to the tissue. Sure is a waste though.

Not unless you cod get them dressed and hung immediately. Who knows what damage the lightning did to the tissue. Sure is a waste though.

Naaa, I had to call him when I discovered it the following morning. The storm hit at about 8 PM

trophyman, that is so sad! It makes little baby cows cry!
1917688_114721185167_5572745_n.jpg

(that's actually my younger cow the day she was born-- she was crying because her mother was too retarded to understand how to let her nurse).

I feel sorry for your neighbor. I thought it was bad enough when I had to dig a hole large enough to bury my 100lb rottweiler one summer in 105 degree heat.

oldog, pigs are interesting and entertaining animals. I had a pair of mule-hoofed ones that weighed around 400lbs. They actually did come when called and liked to follow. I could walk up to them and hold the palm of my hand out for them to sniff and they would fop on their sides and want their bellies rubbed. The male was a clever one. He realized what a jerkwad the horse was and liked to antagonize him. I wish I had video footage of the hot mocking that horse and causing him to have a temper tantrum. It was hilarious. And there was the time my little brother was kicking dirt in the hog's face and annoying him until the hog had enough and grabbed him by the pantleg and yanked until he fell down, then dragged him all the way up the hill to the pile where we burn our trash and then dumped my brother in it (it wasn't burning at the time obviously). I'm sure my brother's memories of it aren't so fond. He was screaming and shrieking the entire way and I was practically ROTFLMAO.

Right now some sort of bug is going around in my house. My cats have been sneezing for a couple days and now I've got a low-grade headache, sore nose, and sore throat. I know I didn't get it from the cats because it doesn't work that way-- although apparently animals can get some illnesses from humans. As I was typing this, Captain Fluffy climbed on me to snuggle and purr.

LOL. Captain Fluffy is my elderly kitty. She's about 12 years old now. Her mother dropped her off on the doorstep in December of either 2001 or 2002.

Trophyman, she's beautiful. I actually have a fluffy black cat like that. We got him from a friend who named him Jiggaboo (because he realized it offended my mother and he thought it was funny to see her reaction). The cat was one of two kittens from a litter. The other one was white and was named Cracker.
We tried changing his name, but he won't answer to anything else. Sweetest kitty with a very loud purr.

I love when kitties sleep on their backs like in the 2nd pic.

I slept most of the day yesterday because I was sick and today I'm a bit better, but still tired. Its a lot cooler today and I'm trying to work up the energy to do something productive. Its so nice to not have 90+ degree weather, but its still very damp outside.

Trophyman, she's beautiful. I actually have a fluffy black cat like that. We got him from a friend who named him Jiggaboo (because he realized it offended my mother and he thought it was funny to see her reaction). The cat was one of two kittens from a litter. The other one was white and was named Cracker.
We tried changing his name, but he won't answer to anything else. Sweetest kitty with a very loud purr.

I love when kitties sleep on their backs like in the 2nd pic.

I slept most of the day yesterday because I was sick and today I'm a bit better, but still tired. Its a lot cooler today and I'm trying to work up the energy to do something productive. Its so nice to not have 90+ degree weather, but its still very damp outside.

Yea, Sheba is old but I guess being an outside cat, living on a farm has made her tough. If Im under a car, she will walk under and sit right next to me. Never was much of a cat person, but she great company.

Hope U get to felling bettr. Im in Florida so its been in the mid 90's since May. I had to learn to tollerate the heat cause I didn't want to stay inside for months at a time. Anyway, fall is near and the time is coming when I LOVE being in Florida.

Take care of urself.

I came out of retirement and installed 80 yds of carpet today. Need to do that more often. Didn't realize how much I missed it.

I watched my grandkids soccer games today. Although it was over 100 degrees, if was fun....then again, it wasn't me running around the field chasing that dumb ball!

I came out of retirement and installed 80 yds of carpet today. Need to do that more often. Didn't realize how much I missed it.

Put new carpet on the stairs going to the basement today, where were you when I need ya?

We had a birthday party for my two year old today where all of our friends with kids that she plays with flaked because of tge heat or other excuses. Now I have a wife who has been crying all evening. At least family showed up.

Latest posts

Back