What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. Someone call Dr. Phil!
As an aside, female friend's ex went over to see her & actually talked it out with her & is calming down. Male friend's psycho ex is still being a pain. She barged into the house (used the toddler as an excuse) and started looking all around without asking & friend had to tell her to gtfo. Friend's 10-yr-old daughter has been great. She's been singing to the toddler & helping him get to sleep and helping take care of him. She's very nurturing. Complete opposite of the hag that spawned her. Smart kid too (also opposite of the spawner).

I got cat food for the cats at friend's house. They'd been out for days & they were starving. They were very excited about it. I got the last 2 bags in the store. Hopefully they will get more in before the kitties eat all the food.

I really like the Wayfaring Stranger one. I've always really liked House of the Rising Sun. I was told that my paternal grandfather could play harmonica and banjo. My paternal grandmother could play piano.

I racked out last night and am trying to get myself motivated to go outside and finish fixing some stuff up but my body doesn't want to cooperate. Shoulder is still giving me grief. I may need my brother's help to get the hose off the old hose bib but he's already at work.

I cooked last night which made mom happy but I can't cook all the stuff I want bc the stores have been out of heavy cream that I use in stuff.

I finally tried my new Chocolate recipe, and it's insanely good. I am the LAST person to like my recipes, but I have a keeper. The Vanilla and Maple melded perfectly with the Nuts and Dates... I would commercially produce it or at least sell it at the Farmers market...

I am stunned it's that good, so I have to give it away Right Meow before I gain 30 pounds!

Step out of the car meow sir.

Mom woke me up wanting me to go to the store to get her RX. She claimed the pharmacy said it was ready. It wasn't. I waited in line 15min to get up there only to be told I had to wait another 30min for it to be ready, but they wrote on a dry erase board that I was there and they needed to fill it asap. Limped around the store for 30min, then had to wait in line another 15min. They had changed shifts, but I got the RX and some other stuff. Dropped some things off at friend's house, petted the kittens, and headed home. I left a lot of stuff in the truck bc my stupid shoulder is not cooperating. Can barely move my damn arm/shoulder. It's really annoying me.

At least its supposed to be warmer the next few days.

You know you lose all credibility when you quote the Fake Fraud Fauci organization called the NIH, right? They are single handedly responsible for Millions of Covid deaths alone.
NIH does have some value, at least the NCBI arm. I monitor it for info on supplements or other preparations that have cancer fighting potential. If the NCBI recommends further research it ain't gunna happen unless something is patentable. However I have successfully avoided some skin surgery by using info gleaned from NCBI. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to make recommendations to others as I used a 'shotgun' approach and don't know which treatment nailed it for me. I used multiple approaches simultaneously as I wanted the skin lesions to be gone now rather than later.

Yes, I like the Pubmed part of NCBI, even though it contradicts itself a lot, or the researchers find different conclusions. I do know that the Biblical Wormwood, AKA Artemisinin, at least eliminated my Dog's Lung Tumors that appeared as Baseball sized lumps by his armpits. How much of the rest of the Cancer was zapped would need a picture of course.

My vitriol is focused on Fauci and Collins, who are Demonic for what they have done with their Covid protocols. There's surely some good people that work for the NIH, as there are good people that work for all of the other agencies, which are equally as worthless, although not all of them go around killing people left and right.

I noticed that DermaWound (based upon sugardine) seems to be able to advertise now. I recall when it had to be marketed as an antiseptic (and was able to because of povidone iodine content). I wonder how much the government and big pharma spend trying to squelch remedies? I'll bet they are losing sleep over Ivermectin sales (they hate us free thinkers).

Last edited:
Yeah, they suppress everything they can. They never even mentioned Vitamin C for Covid, when every human alive older than a Kid knows it works against all viral strains. They didn't even mention Hydrogen Peroxide or Vinegar to wipe down surfaces, instead pitching Clorox wipes and stuff like that from publicly traded companies.

I think most doctors recommend taking 1000 mg of vitamin C for general health as it builds up the immune system.

I have never heard an Allopathic "Doctor" say anything about C... 1 gram is okay, but I take 4 or 5 grams a day if I'm staying home.

I watched older episodes of Death In Paradise (I missed the first 3 seasons when it first came on) and then my internet crapped out so I went to sleep. Tossed & turned and wasn't feeling well. Finally got up and saw the sky getting dark. Promised myself I'd go fix the pipe for the cows' waterer tomorrow. But then I thought "Why not today?" Argued with myself in my head a bit and then just grabbed the fittings, grabbed cut off PVC remnants from the pump house & then got to work. Cutting the remnants that weren't attached to anything down to size was a total pita. The blade on my pvc cutter chipped. I'll have to take a picture later. I was able to re-use the old faucet that was still attached to the hose (could not get that hose off) because there was enough pipe out of the back of it. Got everything secured together and then put insulation tubing on it all. Need to figure out where the hell I put the insulation tape so I can secure the tubing better. But for now it is all connected. Just need to wait about an hour before turning water on to give the PVC cement time to set.

I'm sure Mom will want food in a bit but I'm resting while I can. Aminatu is helpfully warming my sore arm by wrapping herself around it. As an aside, I can't even get enough range of motion to lift a drink to my mouth with my left arm (not unless I lean my head down pretty far).

What did o do today?......
I woke up at 530 am startled by a weird dream, was cold. Looked at my nest thermostat app with one eye open, saw that it was 62 degrees and thought great...... went back to sleep though because I was supposed to work 11 to 11. Got up at 815... now 55 degrees.... attempt to turn the emergency heat on, on the heat pump... wait a few minutes, nothing..... decide I should probably get out out of bed. So.... I mess with it some more then realize there is no air coming out of the vents... great, call work tell them I will be in later as I need to find a repairman to fix the problem. I call my normal person, who can't come till Friday, make the appointment anyway... decide to try someone else, choose a random number to call, they can come between 2 and 3... call work and update them.... wait and wait and wait.... they call hes running late, problem at the stop before mine. He gets here aRound 545 and I am nice and warm by 730ish..... $619 later.
I was proud of myself that I diagnosed it correctly (although it wasn't hard). It was the blower motor. He had one with him, as well as new brackets. I'm treating myself to 70° currently so I was cold all day. Called work back and told them that I want going to come in for 2.5 hours. Lost my New Years holiday and it will count as an occurrence but you win some and lose some.
I am just glad to be warm and that I could afford the repair and didn't need a new system.

Also..... I'm feeling *nearly* like my old self again

Shan, I'm glad you got it fixed. I'm going to have to get a different AC repair guy because mine still won't return calls.

Turned the shutoff for the outside hosebib on but no water came out. Don't think it's frozen or anything, but I now suspect it was somehow connected to the outside water instead of the house water-- which doesn't seem to make sense because those shutoffs were turned off. So, I'm going to cut those other two shutoffs off, use some adapters and tees and go to PEX to link to the old PVC.

The bracket holding my satellite pole up fell off the tower. Internet is out and I have 1 bar of signal so I might not be able to post much until it is fixed.

Back