What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to a music jam session at a nearby community center. sIx guitars, two banjos, a dobro, an auto-harp and an electric bass. It's all acoustic with the bass being the exception. Not too many people lugging a dog-house bass around nowadays. They also have refreshments, all for a modest donation (if you have it). I think I'll make it a regular outing.

I may have posted this before but here goes,
I was at Buckley Air National Guard Base outside of Denver. Several flight groups had used Buckley as a staging base for an Air Force Academy graduation fly-by. The Puerto Rican ANG was the last group to leave Buckley going home. His group had departed and a lone F-104 remained on the tarmac. The pilot came out running and zipping his flight suit, climbed aboard, fired it up, rolled a short way, lit the afterburner and shortly after take-off flew straight up doing a slow spiral. I guess flew is the wrong word he was riding a rocket. When he got to a flight altitude he leveled off waggled his wings and chased his comrades who were long out of sight. I often wondered where their next stop or aerial refueling point was.

I was at Buckley Air National Guard Base outside of Denver. Several flight groups had used Buckley as a staging base for an Air Force Academy graduation fly-by. The Puerto Rican ANG was the last group to leave Buckley going home. His group had departed and a lone F-104 remained on the tarmac. The pilot came out running and zipping his flight suit, climbed aboard, fired it up, rolled a short way, lit the afterburner and shortly after take-off flew straight up doing a slow spiral. I guess flew is the wrong word he was riding a rocket. When he got to a flight altitude he leveled off waggled his wings and chased his comrades who were long out of sight. I often wondered where their next stop or aerial refueling point was.
I always wonder about the operating cost per hour on those things. Especially when it's just for a ceremony. Who's paying for that??

Good Morning Ladies, Gentleman...
Well, man oh man, I think I made it here three mornings in a row... Not a lot to say this morning. Went to bed last night at 9:30, and got up at 6, so finally a good sleep... Didn't do a hell of a lot yesterday, got to be pretty phucking warm yesterday... Same for today, but expecting one hell of a thunderstorm sometime today, that's supposed to cool it down, and get back to spring time temps.

Tried something new for Breakfast today, and made it up last night, so I'll let you know how it was... It's called overnight oats... I need to find something that holds me for a little longer in the mornings.... Since I cannot eat eggs, and don't really like milk. Was allergic to that too when I was a kid... When I was a kid, I had to eat my cereal with juice on it, and that turned me right off of cereal now...

So, got to the gym in another hour or so, and the memorial service today... then probably over to families after that... Then I will get to see my most favourite sister-in-law... not.... I nicked named her Steelwool... Just to give you an idea... of why, not to get personal or anything... but when she wore her bikini to the inlaws pool... something was always showing, so I began to call her steelwool...

Anyways...

You should try a TSP of Organic Coconut Oil, like Coconut Secret Alive twice a day for clarity. If you were cutting out Sugar completely and got that weak feeling, the Coconut makes that go away because the Liver is forced to make Ketones.

Where's the best place to get this Coconut Secret Alive... Thanks Buddy...

Have a GREAT day all...
Cheers~

I noticed when we flew into KDEN yesterday that there was a TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) just South of Denver that was for the academy graduation. I just checked and it’s not there today.

IMG_4711.jpeg

IMG_4710.jpeg

Here's my spicy take for the day: graduation ceremonies are stupid and pointless. We can add the adjectives "needlessly expensive" to that as well. "Pollutive" too it seems. All schools should stop doing them. Finish your classes, take your tests, get your diploma in the mail or pick it up from the office (if you even really need it), then move on with your life like I always did even in high school.

Last edited:
I decided to make an old family recipe, Sausage and Noodles... Real simple, just add Onions and Mushroom Soup to the Jimmy Dean, combine with noodles and bake for an Hour...

Well, my insides hadn't had Mushroom Soup or Pasta in a few years, and since I did that 8 week cleanse, they had literally no memory of either, no fingerprints saying this was an acceptable arrangement.

Now, not to be shy, I take a bowl of whatever, eat half and fill it back up. I do that a couple of times before finishing the "first bowl" and get a second... So, that ends up being 4 total bowls or so when I have had my fill... I thought I was all good until it was time to crash...

My insides had other ideas, since I didn't ask for approval for one bowl, much less 4 bowls. It started out as a concert in my insides, like a Symphony that went from Metallica to Mozart... No external release you see, that would be letting me off easy, my insides wanted to play this 3 hour concert in which I couldn't sleep and had to listen.

As a bonus, I think I learned how to play Guitar... It sounded like the 6th string down to the 3 bridge on the 102 with the 314 Gibson 4-2-9... I'm going to look that up to see if I'm right.

Anyway, at the end of the concert, there was a Fireworks blowout show that would rival Mount Vesuvius while scaring enemies away and ending a marriage. I still have some rumbling and bumbling, no aftershocks yet. Thank God for air purifiers.

See how I'm always preaching against processed foods? That doesn't happen on a normal Paleo diet! I don't want to learn the Drums and Guitar when I'm trying to sleep! I have one more night worth of Sausage and Noodles unless I can pawn it off on someone.

Just think about when POTUS flies prolly a million plus even for silliness like Obummer's Nobel Peace Prize.
In law there is this concept of "reasonable", that I like a lot. There are probably reasonable uses for AF1, and some unreasonable uses for it too. I doubt any president, whether you're bummed out by them or not, has been completely prudent with their use of taxpayer-funded resources. If I were president I'd like to think I'd be known for my scrupulous refusal to waste taxpayer money, especially in highly visible flamboyant ways, but I'm also sure every other president had the same thought at some point prior to taking office, so I'd probably end up faring no better.

But in my experience, it is much easier, and within the grasp of every common man, to make a decision not to participate in and thereby perpetuate the wasteful extravagance of graduation ceremonies and similar things like that.

Saw those flight restrictions on a show about Area 51, the host said the plane couldn't fly within 500 feet or so of the Blue lines or F-18's would be visiting them...

Saw those flight restrictions on a show about Area 51, the host said the plane couldn't fly within 500 feet or so of the Blue lines or F-18's would be visiting them...
The controversy over Area 51, as I understand it, isn't whether they do top secret stuff there that they don't want the public to know about, but the nature of that stuff and whether it has anything to do with little green men.

The controversy over Area 51, as I understand it, isn't whether they do top secret stuff there that they don't want the public to know about, but the nature of that stuff and whether it has anything to do with little green men.
I don't think they do anything there. I think it's an excuse to funnel 800 salaries off the taxpayers while they create a ruse that something is going on, while it's just a way for the Gubment to control people by saying "You can't go here neener neener neener" while a vast majority couldn't care less.

I don't think they do anything there. I think it's an excuse to funnel 800 salaries off the taxpayers while they create a ruse that something is going on, while it's just a way for the Gubment to control people by saying "You can't go here neener neener neener" while a vast majority couldn't care less.
I know the SR-71 was developed at least partially in, I think it was Lake Mead, a similarly secretive "don't go near or we'll shoot you" kinda place. Given how Area 51 got its reputation I figure it must be the same kinda thing: top-secret R&D facilities, with occasional test flights of way out-there stuff. Now, it's possible the site has since been "deactivated" and now only houses empty buildings, but it seems highly probable that it at least used to have this purpose.

Oh, as for "an excuse to funnel 800 salaries off the taxpayers" that might very well describe a lot of what both government and the private sector do, like it's not even controversial whether this happens. If we're talking about the military industrial complex, fuggedaboudit.

I have nowhere else to write this so I'll write it here:

Over the past week or two I've really started admiring the Ford E-series. I think it's become my favorite "American" vehicle. I have no use for a van, much less a full-size van, so I'm sure I'll never own one, but man those things just make me smile. Clean lines, no posturing/trying to look tough or angry, nothing unnecessary or ridiculous on them, and they have at least the appearance of form following function pretty much exactly. I also really love how long the generations are, with nothing much changing from year to year or even decade to decade. Simple, utilitarian, versatile, and for an American vehicle, reliable and dependable!

I used to drive one as a work vehicle too, but it wasn't for that long, just a few months I think. Still, no complaints.

Maybe one day if I retire and want to be one of those RV people I'll find one based on an E-series platform.

Area 51 is in Restricted Area R4808N and is listed as being from the surface to unlimited altitude. This is unusual. Most Restricted Areas have an upper limit defined as something at or below 60,000 feet since that’s where our National airspace ends.

I can see them launching F16s if someone encroaches into that restricted area. Most R areas they would give you a strong tongue lashing with possible later repercussions. The most restrictive air space I’ve dealt with was a Presidential TFR because one of our pilots lost his certificate for 6 months for going in one and also the SFRA (special Flight rules area) around Washington DC is hugely frowned on. You have to take special training to enter that airspace, which I have.

Area 51

IMG_4714.jpeg

When I worked in the South Pacific, we had our airplane modified at St Mary’s county airport. It is sandwiched between the DC SFRA and other special use airspace.

IMG_4715.jpeg

Latest posts

Back