Converting the attic into a living space

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come the first time we find good new, it takes ten posts to figure it out.:p Gone see you next week.
Can access that, lost my google pasword ;)

I guess today is my day. It shouldn't ask you for password though..

How come the first time we find good new, it takes ten posts to figure it out.:p Gone see you next week.
Can access that, lost my google pasword ;)

You have no idea if I would make a suggestion, never mind what it is, are you afraid of the unknown?;)

Actually, I'm afraid of what i know which is the bathroom can't be made any smaller to add a stairs to the attic..

Let me make the drawing real quick..

You have no idea if I would make a suggestion, never mind what it is, are you afraid of the unknown?;)

Not its not, but its get a bit hairy for a diy, i have to cut into the wall tiles remove the in wall mirror which i did not plan on doing .. But good to know..

See the slope at the ceiling, is that the end of the world for your bathroom?

You said the attic stair room was 7 ft, can you measure from the back wall to the trim on the bedroom door in the hall.

I was hoping the 7 ft was inside measure and we would gain 4 1/2 by taking it away:(
Two choices, A landing about half height with two fixed wall ladders good for passing stored items up and down, might pass code, storage under platform.
Or a very uncomfortable set of stairs.
I grew up living in a attic with stairs like this, as a kid and young adult, never gave them a thought, years later, breathtaking to come down with a box in you hands

I like the Plan A better..

I was hoping the 7 ft was inside measure and we would gain 4 1/2 by taking it away:(
Two choices, A landing about half height with two fixed wall ladders good for passing stored items up and down, might pass code, storage under platform.
Or a very uncomfortable set of stairs.
I grew up living in a attic with stairs like this, as a kid and young adult, never gave them a thought, years later, breathtaking to come down with a box in you hands

Back