No corona virus thread???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep it goes back to people and everyone knows more than the doctors. If wal-mart still has there sign up you must wear a mask then you have two choices wear a mask and go in or go shop someplace else. No one is telling you that you have to wear a mask just you need one to shop there. As a kid they used to have signs no shoes, no shirts, no service. Trouble is we have an entitled part of the population that says it is there right to shop at wal-mart and we have a soft stand on people that don’t follow the rules.

I have had covid19 so I’m told I now have an immunity to it for a period of time. I wear my mask when in a social setting that requires it as to the rules. I can have a different opinion than others as to how effective a mask is and I have never really seen anyones mask denied. Wal-mart workers are issued clear plastic face shields that are great if they are planning to run a grinder, but IMO wont stop any bug getting past even a housefly. People seem fine with it though and I see them selling like hot cakes on TV.

The other day I saw a video of a hiker sitting by a trail and a fellow hiker comes by and tells him to put his damn mask on. The guy says chill out dude I have had covid and I’m better now and we are in the woods and 10’ apart or some such logical thing. The other dude takes off his mask screaming and yelling and comes over to the guy and starts spitting on him. That’s how crazy this is getting.

My plan isn’t much different than it was before. I don’t like to get colds and the flu so during the season I try and stay away from people. I actually think now that I’m used to this mask thing and hand sanitizer thing, I might just keep doing it after covid19 is gone when in close public settings.

There are many different ideas how the vaccine should be rolled out and I believe the CDC is voting today on who lives or dies with the first batch. My hope is they start with every nursing home staff and residents Then front line workers that are older and then younger. Then senior citizens with underlying conditions and we all have them.

There are people out there that say support the workers first and don’t worry about those that are past their working years as their good to humanity has passed. Then share the vaccine worldwide before taking care of the general American population. The reason given is it will circle back around. This also follows with the elimination of the America First policies that we have been under.

Who knows my sister may be correct and she and I might not ever see the vaccine.

The problem I see coming is when the vaccine starts to roll out slowly. Some folks will be vaccinated and take their masks off, some will think it is conquered and take their masks off, some will just use it as an excuse to not wear a mask. Problem is, they will all look the same to the rest of us who haven't had the shot yet. You won't know who to trust in a casual encounter. Especially in a store where people mingle and employees can't avoid customers.

I expect there'll be a lot of public announcements about that.

Yep it goes back to people and everyone knows more than the doctors. If wal-mart still has there sign up you must wear a mask then you have two choices wear a mask and go in or go shop someplace else. No one is telling you that you have to wear a mask just you need one to shop there. As a kid they used to have signs no shoes, no shirts, no service. Trouble is we have an entitled part of the population that says it is there right to shop at wal-mart and we have a soft stand on people that don’t follow the rules.

I have had covid19 so I’m told I now have an immunity to it for a period of time. I wear my mask when in a social setting that requires it as to the rules. I can have a different opinion than others as to how effective a mask is and I have never really seen anyones mask denied. Wal-mart workers are issued clear plastic face shields that are great if they are planning to run a grinder, but IMO wont stop any bug getting past even a housefly. People seem fine with it though and I see them selling like hot cakes on TV.

The other day I saw a video of a hiker sitting by a trail and a fellow hiker comes by and tells him to put his damn mask on. The guy says chill out dude I have had covid and I’m better now and we are in the woods and 10’ apart or some such logical thing. The other dude takes off his mask screaming and yelling and comes over to the guy and starts spitting on him. That’s how crazy this is getting.

My plan isn’t much different than it was before. I don’t like to get colds and the flu so during the season I try and stay away from people. I actually think now that I’m used to this mask thing and hand sanitizer thing, I might just keep doing it after covid19 is gone when in close public settings.

There are many different ideas how the vaccine should be rolled out and I believe the CDC is voting today on who lives or dies with the first batch. My hope is they start with every nursing home staff and residents Then front line workers that are older and then younger. Then senior citizens with underlying conditions and we all have them.

There are people out there that say support the workers first and don’t worry about those that are past their working years as their good to humanity has passed. Then share the vaccine worldwide before taking care of the general American population. The reason given is it will circle back around. This also follows with the elimination of the America First policies that we have been under.

Who knows my sister may be correct and she and I might not ever see the vaccine.
Our local walmart has a sign up but doesn't enforce it. All people have to do is claim they have a breathing problem and they can't be forced to wear one.

Our local walmart has a sign up but doesn't enforce it. All people have to do is claim they have a breathing problem and they can't be forced to wear one.
Yep it is the namby pamby world we live in now. You can get away with most anything because it is politically correctness to not rock the boat.

It is fine if you have a breathing problem all the more reason you don’t want to get covid19.

It is pretty simple every Walmart has at least two people standing at both doors counting people and cleaning carts. They simply tell you no mask no entry. If you tell them if they go in to shop the police will be called that simple. Oh I forgot police are not allowed to really do anything and if they were to ask someone to leave the person is allowed to resist or spit on them or anything they can think of and if the cops use force someone else will catch it on a cell phone and it will be deemed police brutality.

It is not like Walmart and every other store hasn’t bent over backwards to shop for you and give curbside pickup.

God help us if we ever get a worse pandemic where catching it means you die.:(

The death rate from covid in my county is 8 times higher than the death from flu. I live in a very rural county. Biggest city is 8,000.

The death rate from covid in my county is 8 times higher than the death from flu. I live in a very rural county. Biggest city is 8,000.

Are they dying from Covid, or are they dying from other illnesses and happen to have been tested as positive for Covid at the time of their death? A big difference.

Los Angeles Health officials have stated 40% of Covid deaths are from people in Convalescent Homes, already dying from other diseases. You subtract that 40% from Los Angeles deaths, and this isn't even as bad as our typical flu season.

Scare tactics IMHO.

Are they dying from Covid, or are they dying from other illnesses and happen to have been tested as positive for Covid at the time of their death? A big difference.

Los Angeles Health officials have stated 40% of Covid deaths are from people in Convalescent Homes, already dying from other diseases. You subtract that 40% from Los Angeles deaths, and this isn't even as bad as our typical flu season.

Scare tactics IMHO.
I saw something the other day along the same line. Some very high percentage of covid19 deaths already had a DNR in place. Also death counts from other causes were down.

There is a lot of conflicting information out there.

Scare tactics IMHO.

Yeah. That info has been buried since the start, but it was reported early that Medicare is paying more for "Covid" cases than if a senior walked in with COPD that he or she has had for 20 years. If the hospital were pressured, which they wouldn't be since it's money printed out of thin air anyway, they just simply say the test was positive. Nobody can argue with that, since half the time the tests work and half the time they don't. Take Elon Musk testing positive twice and negative twice on the same day.

Then if the senior dies, they don't change the cause to COPD. If hospitals weren't corrupt, we might have an accurate count, but then they couldn't lock down the states. It's obvious how real "drastic" the situation is with all the "leaders" getting caught breaking their rules.

You can get away with most anything because it is politically correctness to not rock the boat
You can get away with almost anything.....like not wearing a mask if it is inconvenient. Seems to me like that is not a matter of political correctness, but simple courtesy to other human beings

40% of Covid deaths are from people in Convalescent Homes, already dying from other diseases.
People go to Hospice to die. They go to convalescent homes to get better. It is because their systems are compromised that makes them easier targets for Covid. So yeah, Covid is a cause of death.

Some very high percentage of covid19 deaths already had a DNR in place.
You have to be pretty sick for the DNR to be activated. And you don't usually have a DNR unless you are old or unhealthy in the first place.

Take Elon Musk testing positive twice and negative twice on the same day.
Elon Musk took the instant test, which is not all that accurate. EXPERTS say that if you get a positive on the instant test, you should follow it up with a PCR test, which is more accurate. If Elon would have done that, he wouldn't have had to take the three additional instant tests.

My overall point is that these are all little threads you're pulling on. It doesn't undo the whole tapestry that this sh!tshow has become.

It may well be a courtesy to other humans and those are the people following the guidelines. It is entitlement to feel it is everyone but your job to do what’s right. If a one governor makes a state of lock down for his people and then goes out to dinner with a dozen non related people that’s entitlement. Another governor tells his people not to travel for thanksgiving and then jumps on an airplane to go visit his family that’s entitlement. The list goes on. So people see this and figure I don’t need to wear a mask as they are also entitled. People don’t believe in getting their kids vaccinated for childhood stuff as if all the other kids are they will be fine.

Yes we are all in this together some more than others it seems.

IMO, Facts are no longer facts in the world we live in. Everything is viewed thru personal filters. If we can’t agree on something as simple as a mask then we can’t agree on much else.

The good news is Operation Warp Speed is a success and the CDC is getting the immunization out to the most vulnerable and the most at risk first and it sounds like that will be happening very soon. In the past this process took 3-4 years and to compress that time frame to 10 months was quite a feat.

Have you noticed there is no talk about where the origin of this started other than in China. We will likely never find out now, other than the eating bats story.

Elon Musk took the instant test, which is not all that accurate. EXPERTS say that if you get a positive on the instant test, you should follow it up with a PCR test, which is more accurate. If Elon would have done that, he wouldn't have had to take the three additional instant tests.

Well, supposedly on the PCR box, it says "This test is not to be used for diagnostic purposes." I have been looking for an image of the box, but I don't think I will find one.

I also see the inventor of the PCR test.... "Kary Mullis, the inventor of the PCR test who was awarded a Nobel Chemistry Prize, said that by using certain protocols for the PCR test, scientists can come up with results they want — he stated, “…with PCR, if you do it well, you can find almost anything in anybody.”

They tried to get me to sign a DNR last March, even though the heart problem I had was not considered life-threatening.

The CDC morbidity rates for the US is consistent for 2019. With this new virus, this year's stats should be significantly higher than last year's. I'm not saying this is not a bad virus, it is, but why have the total deaths not spiked?

Capture+_2020-12-02-19-55-03.png

I take one pill a day and can whatever I want.

People talk of others not wearing a masks in California, I have not seen one person violating the mandatory mask order. So why are our numbers spiking? Even Fauci himself said mask wearing, unless a true respirator type mask, or a N95 mask, is a waste of money since the virus is 3 microns but the mask will only stop up to 10 microns?

And one gripe I have is the California elitists say no singing in church, but masks are optional for protesters?

Seems there are lots of sheeples and all I hear is a bunch of baa's.

A slight twist on the discussion: I read a short story about thirty years ago that has stuck with me all this time. It's called The Screwfly Solution, and it's about a "virus". Back at the beginning of this mess, I had to find it and read it again. I recommend it to everyone. It has nothing to do with Covid and it won't help this thread or any other, but it's a damn good read for this time. I found it for free here:

https://lexal.net/scifi/scifiction/classics/classics_archive/sheldon/sheldon1.html
It's not a long read.

People talk of others not wearing a masks in California, I have not seen one person violating the mandatory mask order. So why are our numbers spiking? Even Fauci himself said mask wearing, unless a true respirator type mask, or a N95 mask, is a waste of money since the virus is 3 microns but the mask will only stop up to 10 microns?

And one gripe I have is the California elitists say no singing in church, but masks are optional for protesters?

Seems there are lots of sheeples and all I hear is a bunch of baa's.

I see disagreements about the exact size, but it's much smaller than 3 microns. The images I see from various sources are .6 to .1

The only argument that makes half sense is proper masks stop or slow the spread from infected people.

Regardless, a Bandana or "face wrap" or face shield is akin to putting up a chain link fence to stop mosquitoes.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=size+of+corona+virus&iax=images&ia=images

Does the virus fly around by itself, or attached to vapor droplets on your breath? Maybe both? Because those vapor droplets change in size: they're larger when they first exit your nose and mouth, but break apart and get smaller as they fly through the air. That's the point of the masks (the surgical masks etc.): they trap most of those large vapor droplets leaving your respiratory system.

Also, I'm pretty sure there aren't any consumer-grade face masks you can get that are 100% guaranteed to stop the virus, and nobody is claiming there are. Instead, it's an aggregate effect, where the mask reduces the amount of virus ("viral load" I think they call this?) leaving your body by some percentage, and if everyone does that then the effect is scaled up so there are way fewer droplets with the virus in them floating around out in the air for people to breathe in. (And note: except for N95 masks, the focus is on reducing the amount virus spreading to others when you exhale, rather than keeping you from inhaling it.)

Some amount of virus is still going to get breathed in, and some percentage of the time will produce positive COVID cases, and some percentage of those will be symptomatic, and some percentage of those will result in hospitalizations. If there are too many hospitalizations in too short a timespan then the healthcare system gets overwhelmed and people die.

This is just my layman's understanding of things and might be wrong.

You have a point, but you have to believe that systems and approaches to research have changed since (in the case of Thalidomide) 1950. Celebrex remains on the market with SERIOUS guidance as to dosage. As for Zantac, it was taken off the market because of "concerns that the medication may contain a cancer-causing chemical that's also been detected in certain blood pressure medications." There are capable alternatives to Zantac, such as Nexium and Prevacid. My point is that none of *those* issues should affect the usage of this vaccine, in the sense that it's not a daily drug, it's a one-time shot and prevent mechanism.

It still may be a problem, but in my opinion, not in the same way as those you cited. My understanding is that health care workers, and first responders are to receive the first batch. As far as I'm concerned, if that roll out is successful, I'll be trying to jostle to the front of the line.
I wish you luck. The HPV vaccine has only been out a few years and has a long list of side effects. These are the recognized side effects.

• Blood clots.
  • Seizures.
  • Guillain-Barré syndrome.
  • Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy.
  • Mylgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome.
  • Death.

Back